Thursday, January 2, 2020

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies...

Sugar cookies are always a family favorite...baking and decorating cookies for the different holidays through out the year was a fun experience for me and my children. So many sweet memories can be made in the kitchen together.
1/2 Cup Shortening
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
22/3 Cup Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
Cream shortening, sugar, egg and vanilla...add sour cream. Sift all dry ingredients. Alternate wet and dry ingredients. Refrigerate for a couple hours. Roll cookie dough out on lightly floured surface. Dip cookie cutters in flour before cutting into the dough. Place each cookie on a baking sheet. (I use parchment paper to protect cookies from sticking to pan.) Bake at 425* for 8-10 minutes...until edges are lightly golden. Store in an airtight container for freshness. These cookies freeze beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am hopelessly addicted to my life... I feel so blessed to have a wonderful husband, six children, an amazing son in-law and 3 incredible daughter in laws. We are blessed with 16 grandchildren (8 grandsons and 8 granddaughters. I love my family....we are forever.