Wednesday, June 29, 2016

David's Homemade Oreos...


So my children are all hopelessly addicted to Oreo Cookies.....if I ever bought Oreos for a specific recipe I would have to buy two packages and hide one. They could sniff out Oreos no matter where I hid them. When I ran across this Homemade Oreo recipe I tried it immediately...and they disappeared as fast as I could make them. David was particularly head over heels about homemade oreos. Give them a try...and watch them become a family favorite. They freeze nicely too....

2 Chocolate Fudge Cake Mixes
4 Eggs
3/4 Cup Canola Oil

Combine ingredients until wet and refrigerate for an hour or two. Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls...try to make them as uniform as possible so they will be the same size as you match tops and bottoms. Bake at 350* for 7-8 minutes. Cool completely....

Frosting
8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
1/2 Cup Butter (softened)
1 tsp Vanilla
3-4 Cups Powdered Sugar

Mix all ingredients until smooth.

Add frosting and match tops and bottoms as closely as you can. Super yum....


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am hopelessly addicted to my life... I feel so blessed to have a wonderful husband, six children, an amazing son in-law and 3 incredible daughter in laws. We are blessed with 16 grandchildren (8 grandsons and 8 granddaughters. I love my family....we are forever.