Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Strawberry Kiwi Salad...

This is my favorite fruity salad...packed with nutrients. It's an immediate hit where ever I serve it.

1 Head of Lettuce (I like Romaine too)
2 Cups Baby Spinach
2 Cups Fresh Sliced Strawberries
2 Cups Sliced Kiwi
1 Cup Blueberries
1 Package Pine Nuts
or
1 Cup Pecan Halves

Dressing
1/2 Cup Canola Oil
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Rice Vinegar
1 Tsp Pepper
1/2 Tsp Salt

Wash and chop lettuce...wash and trim stems off spinach...wash and slice strawberries and kiwi. Wash and drain blueberries. Decide if you want pecans or pine nuts... if you want pecans place them and 2-3 tablespoons of sugar in a hot skillet stir constantly until sugar melts and pecans caramelize...be careful not to burn them...remove from heat and cool. Combine all ingredients for dressing and mix or shake until well blended. Combine lettuce and fruit...drizzle with dressing and sprinkle pine nuts or pecans right before serving. I sometimes fry up some won ton skins for added crunch. You can also add grilled chicken to this salad for protein....it's super delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am hopelessly addicted to my life... I feel so blessed to have a wonderful husband, six children, an amazing son in-law and 3 incredible daughter in laws. We are blessed with 16 grandchildren (8 grandsons and 8 granddaughters. I love my family....we are forever.