Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie...

These are simply the BEST chocolate chip cookies...my son Jon loves them without chocolate chips. Either way give it a try... and share a dozen or two with your neighbor.
Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and then sift...this incorporates all the ingredients evenly and set aside.
2 3/4 Cups Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt

Blend Shortening and Butter until light and fluffy.
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
1/2 Cup Shortening

Add ingredients in order...each until blended.
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Sugar (minus 2 Tablespoons)
2 Large Eggs
1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla

Add in flour and mix just until well incorporated...DO NOT over mix.
Add 2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and gentle fold into the cookie dough.

Bake at 375* for 8-10 minutes...8 minutes is perfect in my oven. Your time may vary depending on your oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am hopelessly addicted to my life... I feel so blessed to have a wonderful husband, six children, an amazing son in-law and 3 incredible daughter in laws. We are blessed with 16 grandchildren (8 grandsons and 8 granddaughters. I love my family....we are forever.