Monday, January 18, 2010

Sandi's Snickerdoodles...


3 3/4 Cups Flour
1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp. Cream of Tartar
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Sugar
2 Eggs
1/4 Cup Milk
1 Tbl. Vanilla
1 Tsp. Almond Extract

3 Tbls. sugar
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
2 Tsp. Brown Sugar

Sift dry ingredients and set aside. In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar... Add eggs, milk, vanilla and almond extracts. Gradually add the dry ingredients. Cover and chill for a couple hours. Preheat oven to 375*

In a pie dish...stir together the remaining brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon. Roll the chilled dough into 1 inch balls, then roll the balls in the sugar mixture. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
Bake for 9 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies begin to brown at the edges. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.

These are the best Snickerdoodles ever... I sometimes dip a third of the cookie in chocolate for a special treat. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am hopelessly addicted to my life... I feel so blessed to have a wonderful husband, six children, an amazing son in-law and 3 incredible daughter in laws. We are blessed with 16 grandchildren (8 grandsons and 8 granddaughters. I love my family....we are forever.