Monday, November 9, 2009

Mom's Granola

A healthy choice for anyone... granola with fruit and yogurt is light and refreshing. Cute little Eli loved gramma's granola...it was one of the few things he would eat.

3 Cups Oatmeal
1/3 Cup Wheat Germ
1/3 Cup Coconut
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
Combine the above ingredients...

1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
1/2 Cup Chopped Almonds
Set Nuts aside...

1/3 Cup Canola Oil
1/3 Cup Honey
1 Tbl. Vanilla
Microwave these for 1 minute... Add to the dry ingredients and mix well. Microwave for 2 minutes on 1/2 power. Add nuts and mix well... microwave 2 more minutes on 1/2 power. Spread on a large baking sheet to cool. Store in air tight container.

This recipe blows out of the house...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am hopelessly addicted to my life... I feel so blessed to have a wonderful husband, six children, an amazing son in-law and 3 incredible daughter in laws. We are blessed with 16 grandchildren (8 grandsons and 8 granddaughters. I love my family....we are forever.