Saturday, December 31, 2016

Corn Chowder....

Our Christmas Eve tradition.....Corn Chowder in Mom's Bread Bowls. Honestly my mouth starts to water just thinking about this super yummy hearty chowder. It's creamy, full of flavor and smells divine.

Corn Chowder
5 lbs. Potatoes (peeled, cubed and parboiled)
3 Cups Frozen Corn
2 Lbs. Bacon (cut into 1 inch pieces and cook til crispy)
1-2 Cups Carrots (peeled and chopped to medium pieces)
1 Cup Celery (chopped to medium pieces)
3 Cups Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
1 Gallon of Milk
1 Quart Half and Half
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook potatoes, carrots and celery reserving water. Add milk. Bring to boil and add 3 cups of frozen corn. Simmer over medium heat until all vegetables are soft. Make a four and cold water rue and bring the chowder to a rapid boil...slowly pour rue into chowder. Chowder will slowly thicken....add 2/3 of the bacon, 2 cups of cheese and Half and Half. Remove from heat....you can thin chowder if necessary by adding water or milk. Top each bowl of chowder with a sprinkle of cheese and bacon....ENJOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am hopelessly addicted to my life... I feel so blessed to have a wonderful husband, six children, an amazing son in-law and 3 incredible daughter in laws. We are blessed with 16 grandchildren (8 grandsons and 8 granddaughters. I love my family....we are forever.