Monday, September 14, 2015

Peach Butter...

Just when you think you've tasted all that's yummy and delicious....that's right you discover yet another family favorite. I've made Apple Butter and Pear Butter for years and years for my family. This year I decided to try Peach Butter....and was not disappointed one bit.

8-10 Peaches (peel and pit and cut into chunks)
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Water
Juice from 1 Lemon

Prepare peaches, add sugar and water and cook in a sturdy pot. Bring to boil and then reduce heat to a low boil...cook for 20 minutes. Add the lemon juice and stir in until well blended. Puree the peaches and return to pot (rinse first)...bring to boil and reduce heat to low boil. Stir occasionally to prevent scorching...peaches will thicken in 30 to 40 minutes. Bottle your butter according to your favorite method...I use the inversion method but steam canning works just fine as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am hopelessly addicted to my life... I feel so blessed to have a wonderful husband, six children, an amazing son in-law and 3 incredible daughter in laws. We are blessed with 16 grandchildren (8 grandsons and 8 granddaughters. I love my family....we are forever.