Sunday, January 5, 2020

Pineapple Upside Down Cake...

This is by far my father's favorite cake....he asks for it often. Using a cast iron skillet caramelizes the brown sugar, fruit and nuts. It's okay to using a baking pan too...but the top just isn't as crisp.
1/2 Cup Butter
8 Slices of Pineapple
11/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Pecans, halved
1/2 Cup Raisins (optional)
Melt butter in the skillet, sprinkle brown sugar and arrange pineapple, nuts and raisins. Set aside.
Batter-
4 Egg Yolks (reserve egg whites)
11/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Boiling Water
11/2 Cup Cake Flour
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Baking Powder
4 Egg White, stiffly beaten
Beat egg yolks until thick, add remaining ingredients in order. Gently fold in egg whites. Pour over pineapple and bake at 350* for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am hopelessly addicted to my life... I feel so blessed to have a wonderful husband, six children, an amazing son in-law and 3 incredible daughter in laws. We are blessed with 16 grandchildren (8 grandsons and 8 granddaughters. I love my family....we are forever.