Monday, September 5, 2011

Pear Butter...

Pear Butter is a family favorite for pancakes and waffles. It's so easy... and well worth the wait.

Pears peeled, cored and halved
2 Cups of Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
1 Cup Orange Juice
Grated Rind from 1 Orange 

Fill your crock pot full of pears and add remaining ingredients. Cook for 8-10 hours on low... and Voila.
Blend the pears in the blender until smooth. Store in refrigerator for immediate use. You can also steam in Canning Steamer for later use. I like to stock up on Pear Butter for the winter... it's such a nice treat during our long winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am hopelessly addicted to my life... I feel so blessed to have a wonderful husband, six children, an amazing son in-law and 3 incredible daughter in laws. We are blessed with 16 grandchildren (8 grandsons and 8 granddaughters. I love my family....we are forever.