Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Won Ton Chicken Salad...

Years ago I was serving in Stake Young Women as Barb Winegar's 1st Counselor...she shared this recipe with me so we could serve it at Ward Conferences. It quickly became my most popular and most requested salad recipe... Enjoy...!


4 Chicken Breasts
3 Tbl Butter
2 Heads of Lettuce
1 Lg. Can of Mandarin Oranges
1 Can of Sliced Water Chestnuts
1/2 Cup Sesame Seeds
1 Pkg of Slivered Almonds
1/2 Pkg Won Tons
Canola Oil

Cut Chicken in to bite size pieces and grill in butter. Season chicken with Salt and Pepper.
Heat Canola Oil in a skillet... fry Won Tons until golden brown and drain on paper towels... crumble into large pieces.

Breaks lettuce into bite size pieces. Add oranges, chestnuts, sesame seeds, almonds, chicken and wontons. Drizzle with salad dressing...right before serving...and lightly toss.

Salad Dressing
1/2 Cup Canola Oil
1/2 Cup Rice Vinegar
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Tsp Pepper
2 Tsp Salt

This recipe feeds 6 adults easily. It's light and fresh and ohhh so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am hopelessly addicted to my life... I feel so blessed to have a wonderful husband, six children, an amazing son in-law and 3 incredible daughter in laws. We are blessed with 16 grandchildren (8 grandsons and 8 granddaughters. I love my family....we are forever.